Similar to our systems audit services, the technical compliance audit service related to IT systems is offered to our clients to ensure that they are well prepared for the actual audit with the respective authority, Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) or Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA).
To this end, auditors are expected to perform additional tests as necessary to address identified risks and to comply with the following:
- the Gaming Act (Cap. 583 of the Laws of Malta);
- the Authorisation Regulations, Commercial Communications Regulations, Compliance and
Enforcement Regulations, Definitions Regulations, Gaming Licence Fees Regulations, Gaming Tax Regulations, Player Protection Regulations and Premises Regulations;
- the Authorisations and Compliance Directive and the Player Protection Directive;
- the Companies Act (Cap. 386 of the Laws of Malta);
- the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (Cap. 373 of the Laws of Malta);
- the Prevention of Money Laundering and Funding of Terrorism Regulations (S.L. 373.01);
- the FIAU’s Implementing Procedures (as updated from time to time) issued in terms of Regulation 17 of the Prevention of Money Laundering and Funding of Terrorism Regulations;
- taxation legislation; and
- any other applicable laws, regulations, directives, guidelines or standards or any other document which may be applicable from time to time.
Notwithstanding the above, the procedures defined in this manual are mandatory and need to be completed for each compliance review. The Authority may from time to time amend the manual and include any additional procedures and/or requirements as it may deem necessary. Furthermore, the Authority may provide additional guidance as to any other specific measures that the auditors shall be required to undertake.
Contact us today for more information on how you can safe guard your business and get compliant.